For those who love the Golden Gate and Alcatraz, and for some reason can’t fly or drive to San Francisco, maybe this is a fun option to “virtually” be there. "Big City Adventure: San Francisco" is a city adventure game in which you’ll be going around this beautiful city. The protagonists of this game are the members of a family, including grandpa and grandma!
The game itself, basically consists on looking and picking items from different locations, following a list provided by the game. You have to look the scenes very carefully, trying to find the items on the list. When you see an item, just click on it to update the list. In the first scene, you are at the Alcatraz Island (high security prison).
When you first enter the game, you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Click to change player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends. Once you entered the player name, you’ll have to choose which character you’ll be representing. The options are the following: Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Grandma, Brother and Sister.
- Play: this option leads you right to the first scene for you to start playing.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options, like sound volume, music volume, full screen mode, relaxed mode and 3D acceleration.
- Exit: no further explanation required.
When you’re playing the game, you can always click on the Pause/Menu button, in order to access to a pop-up menu with these options:
- Main menu: it leads you back to the main menu.
- Options: the same Options menu commented before.
- Quit: to quit playing the game.
- Instructions: it leads you to a cards-styled help.
- High scores: lists the records of the players.
- Continue: you go back to the game.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version.